Terms & Conditions
Article 1. Scope of Application
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel (hereafter referred to as “Setsu”) and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices of Japan.
- In cases where Setsu has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding Section 1, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 2. Application for Accommodation Contract
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Reservation (hereafter referred to as “Accommodation Contract”) with Setsu shall notify Setsu of the following particulars:
(1) Name(s) of Guest(s);
(2) Date of accommodation;
(3) Estimated time of arrival;
(4) Number of Guest(s);
(5) Age of Guest(s); Please inform our Reservations team of the children's age(s) at the time of reservation as this affects our onsen tax calculations (Requirement by Kutchan Town for the purpose of the Onsen tax imposition)
(6) Room Type;
(7) Guest Contact Information and;
(8) Other particulars deemed necessary by Setsu.
- In the case where there is any change in the Accommodation details as listed above, the Guest shall inform Setsu of such change immediately.
- In cases when the Guest requests, after the Accommodation Contract is confirmed (See Article 3 below), but prior to arrival, any change of the stay details in Sections 1 (2)(4)(5)(6) that incurs lower stay total charges, will see the difference in deposit or final payment value forfeited.
- In cases of any change in Section 1 (1) after the Accommodation Contract is confirmed (See Article 3 below), the Guest shall contact our Reservations staff prior to arrival. Having different lead Guest names can cause interruptions in the check-in process.
- In cases when the Guest requests, during his/her stay, any change of the Accommodation Contract details in Sections 1 (2)(4)(5)(6), it shall be handled as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made, and no refund shall be given.
Article 3. Conclusion of Accommodation Contract and Related Matters
- An Accommodation Contract is confirmed when the Guest has received written confirmation from Setsu or an alternate booking channel (OTA / Travel Agent). In the case a deposit or full payment as stated in Article 4 Section 1 is required to secure the reservation, the reservation will not be confirmed until the payment is received by the prescribed due date specified by Setsu.
(1) Upon the receipt of the Accommodation Contract, the Guest shall read carefully to ensure all details are correct.
- The deposit as stated in Section 1 shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for any cancellation charges under Article 6.
Article 4. Accommodation Deposit and Final Balance Payment
- Payment policies are applied as follows, unless written differently on the Accommodation Contract:
(1) Summer reservations (stays between 1 April - 30 November)
(1.1) 1-14 nights:
(1.1.1) The stay total is required at time of check-in.
(1.2) 15 nights or longer, or when reserving 5 rooms or more regardless of the stay length:
(1.2.1) If the Accommodation Contract made date is more than 7 days prior to arrival:
(18.104.22.168) A 20% deposit of the stay total is required within 3 days after the Accommodation Contract is made to secure your stay.
(22.214.171.124) Remaining balance is due 7 days prior to arrival.
(1.2.2) If the Accommodation Contract made date is 7 days or less prior to arrival:
(126.96.36.199) 100% of the stay total is required at time of the Accommodation Contract made.
(2) Winter reservations (stays between 1 December - 31 March)
(2.1) If the Accommodation Contract made date is 50 days or more prior to arrival:
(2.1.1) A 20% deposit of the stay total is required within 3 days after the Accommodation Contract is made to secure your stay.
(2.1.2) Remaining balance is required 50 days prior to arrival.
(2.2) If the Accommodation Contract made date is less than 50 days but more than 7 days prior to arrival:
(2.2.1) 100% of the stay total is required within 3 days after the Accommodation Contract is made to secure the reservation.
(2.3) If the Accommodation Contract made date is 7 days or less prior to arrival:
(2.3.1) 100% of the stay total is required at time of the Accommodation Contract made.
- For reservations made via Setsu’s online reservation platform, the payment will be required at time of reservation to secure the Accommodation Contract. The amount will be dependent on the Accommodation Contract made date and the stay date, the details prescribed in Section 1.
- When the required payment is not received by the due date stated in Section 1, Setsu shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid.
- All charges will be made in Japanese Yen. The charges shown in other currencies are estimates and the real charges will be confirmed at time of payment with the Guest’s credit provider.
- At the time of payment, if the Guest wishes to pay in other currencies apart from Japanese Yen, the Guest is responsible for the exchange rate calculation.
- Setsu only accepts payment via credit card for pre-arrival payment. In cases where the Guest wishes to pay via bank transfer, the Guest is responsible for any bank transfer fees incurred. The Guests must contact our Reservations staff if the Guest wishes to do so.
- Taxes & surcharges including Onsen tax and 2% Accommodation tax are included in the charges quoted and can be subject to change without notice.
- Offer details including terms and conditions are subject to change or be withdrawn without notice. If an offer/package is changed, Setsu will honor the terms of agreement at time of the Accommodation Contract made.
Article 5. Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 3 Section 1, Setsu may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Section.
- In cases when Setsu has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Article 3 Section 1 and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as though Setsu has accepted a special contract prescribed in Section 1.
Article 6. Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
- Setsu may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) When Setsu is fully booked and no room are available;
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct him/herself in a manner that will contravene the provisions of laws and regulations or act against public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation;
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease;
(5) When the Guest seeking accommodation, demonstrates violent activity or makes demands beyond reasonable purview. If, in connection with the use of a guest room, Setsu is required to provide services beyond the generally accepted scope or to bear such other burden;
(6) When Setsu is unable to provide accommodation due to force majeure, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
(7) When the application for accommodation is made for the purpose of transferring the right of use to another party;
(8) In other cases that fall under the stipulations of laws and regulations, prefectural ordinances and other provisions.
Article 7. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
- The Guest is entitled to cancel an Accommodation Contract by notifying Setsu in writing.
- In cases where the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case where Setsu has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Article 4 Section 1 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in Article 8. However, in cases when Setsu has entered into a special contract described in Article 5 Section 1, this provision shall apply only when the Guest has been informed of the obligation of the cancellation charges.
- Guests with a confirmed Accommodation Contract who have not arrived at the Hotel by 21:00 on the first evening of their reserved stay are subject to cancelled reservations at the discretion of Setsu. Guests who have informed Setsu of their estimated late arrival on the first day of their reserved stay and who have not arrived within two hours of the earlier advised late arrival hour are also subject to cancelled reservations at the discretion of Setsu.
Article 8. Accommodation Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation policies are applied as follows, unless written differently on the Accommodation Contract:
(1) Summer reservations (stays between 1 April - 30 November)
(1.1) 1-14 nights stay:
(1.1.1) Cancellation 2 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of the stay total is required.
(1.2) 15 nights or longer, or when reserving 5 rooms or more regardless of the stay length:
(1.2.1) Cancellation 3 - 7 days prior to arrival: 50% of the stay total is required.
(1.2.2) Cancellation 2 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of the stay total is required.
(2) Winter reservations (stays between 1 December - 31 March)
(2.1) Cancellation 50 days or more prior to arrival: Full deposit is non-refundable.
(2.2) Cancellation less than 50 days prior to arrival: 100% of the stay total is required.
- When Setsu cancels, voids or refunds a payment to the Guest’s credit card in Japanese Yen, there may be changes in the amount due to foreign currency exchange rates and charges of the bank or credit card company, any differences are the Guest's responsibility. The same rules apply when the refund is made to the Guest’s bank account via a bank transfer.
Article 9. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by Setsu
- Setsu may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or has conducted him/herself in a manner that will contravene the law or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his/her accommodation;
(2) When the Guest is clearly considered to correspond to the following (a) to (c);
(2.1) Gang group, gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons or other antisocial forces.
(2.2) corporate body or other organization when gang groups or gang members control business activities.
(2.3) In a corporate body which has persons connected to gang members as its board members.
(3) When the Guest is considered as a member of a corporate body or other groups whose business is governed by an organized crime group or similar groups or when the Guest is deemed liable to behave in a manner that will infringe upon other Guests of Setsu;
(4) When the Guest is clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease;
(5) When the Guest commits any illegal acts of violence, intimidation, extortion or other threatening acts to Setsu facilities or its employees, or requests the hotel to assume unreasonable burden, or is deemed liable to have ever committed the same acts against them;
(6) When Setsu is unable to provide accommodation due to causes of force majeure, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
(6.1) Setsu is not responsible for any external expenses such as cancellation fees pertaining to flights, other hotels, etc, that may arise from a force majeure-related cancellation.
(7) When the Guest does not observe Hotel Policy such as smoking in the property, interferes with fire prevention or protection facilities and any other policies stipulated by Setsu; and
(8) In other cases where the provisions of laws and regulations or prefectural ordinances, etc. can apply which stipulate the Accommodation’s right to refuse to accept the Guest.
- In the case when Setsu has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Section, Setsu shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any services not received during the contractual period.
- Each room has a set maximum occupancy. The Accommodation Charge is determined by the number of Guest(s) and age of Guest(s). Changes to the number and age of Guest(s) may change the charge of the Accommodation.
(1) In cases where the number of Guest(s) of any age exceeds the number written on the Accommodation Contract, Setsu retains the right to cancel the Accommodation Contract without refund. Alternate accommodation will need to be secured or extra charges applied, to be decided by Setsu upon consideration of its room capacity.
(2) Guests of any age count toward the maximum occupancy limit.
- The notice of cancellation in any of the cases listed above in Sections 1 and 3 shall be electronic mail or in writing to the Guest according to the contact information provided pursuant to Article 2. If the said notice has not reached the destination though given according to the contact information provided pursuant to Article 2, it shall be regarded as having reached the destination when the time at which the notice should have normally reached the Guest has passed.
Article 10. Registration
- The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of Setsu on the check-in date:
(1) Name(s), age(s), address(es) and occupation(s) of the Guest(s);
(2) Nationality, passport number, a digital or photocopy of the passport, and a valid credit card for incidental charges;
(3) Date and scheduled time of departure; and
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by Setsu
- In cases where the Guest intends to pay his/her Accommodation Charges by any means other than cash in Japanese Yen, such as accommodation coupons or credit cards, such means of payment shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in Section 1.
Article 11. Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
- The Guest is entitled to use the reserved room(s) between 3pm on the check-in date and up to 11am on the check-out date, unless the check-in and check-out time is specified differently in the Accommodation Contract. In the case where the Guest changes rooms during their stay, Guests will need to follow our standard check-in and check-out times.
- Setsu may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in Section 1, permit the Guest to use the room(s) beyond the time prescribed in the same section. In this case, extra charges up to 1-night accommodation at the best available rate shall be paid. This is subject to availability. Otherwise, Setsu retains the right to ask the Guest to vacate the room any time after the check-out time.
Article 12. Observance of Rules and Regulations
- The Guest shall observe the Rules and Regulations established by Setsu in accordance with those posted within the premises of Setsu.
Article 13. Liabilities of Setsu
- Setsu shall compensate the Guest for damages if Setsu has caused such damages to the Guest in its fulfillment or non-fulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which Setsu is not liable.
- Setsu is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
Article 14. Handling When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
- Setsu shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange another accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practical with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangements of other accommodation cannot be made not with understanding the provisions of Section 1, Setsu shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges indicated in Article 8 Section 1, and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when Setsu cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which Setsu is not liable, Setsu shall not compensate the Guest.
Article 15. Handling of Deposited Articles
- The Guest shall keep their belongings in the reserved room(s); safe deposit boxes are provided in each suite during his/her stay.
- Setsu is not liable for any of the goods, valuables or cash that the Guest has brought into the accommodation. We strongly recommend Guests' access to our safe-deposit boxes in each Suite to secure their valuable items.
- Setsu shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage occurs to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest when the Guests cannot access his/her room(s), except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure.
- However, when Setsu has requested the Guest to clearly report the type and value thereof but the Guest has failed to do so, Setsu shall compensate the Guest for the damage up to the maximum amount of 100,000 yen.
Article 16. Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into Setsu before his/her arrival, Setsu shall be liable to keep and to hand it over to the Guest at the front desk upon his/her check-in only if such a request has been informed in advance and accepted by Setsu to do so.
- When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found left after his/her check-out, such an article will be kept by Setsu for a period of 7 days including the day when it is found, in principle. If the Guest has not asked Setsu for return during that period, Setsu will keep the article for a certain period after that, and dispose of it according to the laws and regulations of Japan. If the Guest has asked Setsu for return during that period, Setsu shall arrange the return as per instructions from the Guest, the expenses shall be covered by the Guest. Food, beverages, magazines and other articles equivalent to wastes, not claimed for return by the Guest after check-out, will be disposed.
- Setsu’s liability in regard to the custody of Guests’ baggage and belongings in cases indicated in Sections 1 and 2 shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Article 15 Section 2.
Article 17. Liability for Parked Vehicles
- When the Guest uses both undercover and outdoor parking areas at Setsu, Setsu will be lending a parking space, limited to 1 spot per reservation, depending on availability, the Guest are required to notify Setsu to reserve the spot prior to arrival. Setsu assumes no liability for the storage and safekeeping of any parked vehicle; provided, however, that if the car is intentionally or unintentionally damaged as a result of Setsu’s management of the parking area, Setsu will assume liability for the same.
Article 18. Liabilities of the Guest
- The Guest shall compensate Setsu for the damage caused through the intention or negligence on the part of the Guest under any of the following cases:
(1) Staying with pet(s)
(2) Wearing spikes within the accommodation
(3) Smoking in the accommodation including the outdoor area, other than a designated smoking room on the ground floor of the Accommodation
(4) Damage to the property that exceeds normal wear and tear
(5) Broken, damaged or missing items from the suite
- In events where any of the policies in Section 1 above are broken, Setsu retains the right to ask you and your group to leave the Accommodation. In this situation, a refund will not be issued and any additional cleaning or repairs will be charged in full to the Guest. Additional charges will be levied to the Guest in the case future Guests need to be moved due to the room not being in letting condition.
- Any damages to the Accommodation occurred by the Guest, the lead Guest of the reservation is responsible for any further costs incurred to ensure the suite is able to be rented out to future Guests.
- In cases where the Guest loses his/her suite keys, a charge of 2,000 yen will be charged on check-out. In cases where the key is found and returned at a later date, the charge will be refunded minus any administration charges incurred.
Article 19. Experience (Guest Services)
- Setsu Concierge staff will be able to assist you with non-accommodation reservations, these include but are not limited to lift passes, ski rental, ski lesson, restaurant reservations, golf and summer activities. Refer to our Adventures page for your holiday inspiration.
- Payment of experience reservations are required 21 days prior to arrival for winter reservations and at time of check-in for summer reservations. Setsu may ask the Guest to settle payment earlier than 21 days prior to arrival, dependent on the experience operator's payment and cancellation terms. Refer to the stay dates definition in Article 4 Sections 1(1)(2).
- Cancellation policies vary depending on the suppliers. The Guest shall contact our Concierge staff for more details.
- In the event of a no-show or the Guest not using the reserved services, this will be treated as a cancellation and will be based on the service provider's cancellation terms.
Article 20. Additional Guests
- An Additional Guest fee will be applied to any Accommodation Contract over the standard number of Guests; the fee varies depending on the stay dates and age of Guest. A Japanese futon will be provided. Additional Guest requests must be requested prior to arrival. In cases where the number of Guest(s) of any age exceeds the number written on the Accommodation Contract, Setsu will proceed with the Accommodation Contract as outlined in Article 9 Section 3(1).
- No Additional Guest fee is applied if an Additional Guest is aged between 0-6 years old. Baby cots can be requested without any additional charge, subject to availability. Otherwise, sharing an existing bedding.
- The Guests age policies are:
(1) Adults: Aged 13 years old and above
(2) Children: Aged 7-12 years old
(3) Infants: Aged 0-6 years old
Article 21. Other
- The Guest cannot check-in to his/her suite until credit card details and authorisation have been collected for use as a Security Deposit.
- Setsu may not be sublet to a third party including other Guests or travel agencies without the written approval of Setsu.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended to the Guests. A comprehensive travel insurance policy should cover medical expenses, snowsports, personal accident, damage and loss of luggage, cancellation fees, etc.
Act on Specified Commercial Transactions
The English above is a translation of the original Japanese Law. Should there be any conflict between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version will be followed.
|Property Management Company||K.K. NISEKO MANAGEMENT SERVICE|
|Address||Midtown 2F 91-17 Aza Yamada, Kutchan, Abuta, Hokkaido 044-0081|
|Contact Number||(81) 136 - 55 - 5131|
|Accommodation Selling Pricing||This is dependent on the package and season booked. Please visit our reservation platform for more information.|
|Payment Terms||This is dependent on the package and season booked. Please visit our reservation platform for more information.|
|Payment Method||Pre-Arrival: Credit Card, Bank Transfer |
Upon Arrival: Credit Card, Cash
|Provision of Service||Setsu provides the Guest with the service detailed on their confirmation document in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.|
|Cancellation Terms||This is dependent on the package and season booked. Please visit our reservation platform for more information.|
|Others||Onsen tax and Accommodation tax may be levied separately depending on your package. Please visit our reservation platform for more information.|