Frequently Asked Questions
We are expecting the hotel to open during Summer 2022.
Reservations will be open this winter.
Rooms & Suites
Setsu Niseko has 190 apartment suites, making it one of the largest hotels in Grand Hirafu.
Our 1 Bedroom Suites and 2 Bedroom Suites all come with a Tatami room / space. We also have a small number of Studio, 3 and 4 Bedroom Suites with a tatami room / space. All our Tatami rooms / spaces are equipped with two foldaway futon beds with bedding. For more information, please visit our Rooms & Suites page.
All our 4 Bedroom Suites and Penthouses have their own private onsen within their suite. Every in-suite onsen enjoys natural hot spring water using the special Kakenagashi cycle of natural filtration. For more information, please visit our Rooms & Suites page.
Yes, all rooms and suites have a fully equipped kitchen with the latest appliances providing guests with more dining experience options, including arrangements for a private chef to cook a special dinner for you within your suite. For more information, please visit our Rooms & Suites page.
Each bedroom is available in either king-sized or twin-bed configuration. King-sized beds are provided in each room as standard, should you prefer to have a twin bed set up in any of the rooms, please feel free to contact us.
Futons are available providing an authentic Japanese stay experience. Please note that there is a cap on the number of additional guests permitted within each suite type.
Yes, we have connecting rooms available which are Studio and 2 Bedroom Suites connected by a locked door accessible from both rooms.
Setsu Niseko offers 6 different dining concepts under one roof, offering guests a variety of world-class international and local cuisine for dine-in and takeaway. For more information, please visit our Dining page.
Yes, we do have private dining rooms available for larger gatherings or special celebrations. Our culinary team are happy to curate a special menu to suit your needs and help ensure your night is special and memorable. Private catering can also be provided in the privacy and comfort of your own apartment suite.
Our Wellness Centre is one of the largest in Grand Hirafu and offers a comprehensive range of of facilities and services. Rejuvenate in our public and private onsen with sauna and cold dipping pool, gymnasium, spa and yoga studio. For more information, please visit our Wellness page.
Use of the Setsu Niseko public and private onsen is exclusively for guests of Setsu Niseko only.
Winter Stay Experience
The hotel is not ski-in or ski out, but it is just down the road from the Grand Hirafu Gondola. Setsu Niseko will have a constant shuttle service taking guests from the ski concierge to the gondola and back whilst the ski slopes are open. (Note that Grand Hirafu Gondola is approx. 750m/ <10 minutes walk/ 2 minutes shuttle from the hotel).
Yes, this is possible. Please contact our concierge team in advance if you would like us to receive the delivery and store it for you. We will deliver it to your room prior to your arrival to make sure you have a seamless check-in experience.
At our on-site Rhythm snowsports rental shop, there is a wide range of snow gear options and everything you need, providing convenience without leaving the hotel door. For more information about Rhythm adventure experts, please visit our Adventures page.
You can store your ski / snowboard, poles and boots within your private ski locker located in the ground floor Ski Centre. All lockers are conveniently accessible with your door key. Each suite also includes convenient closets for your ski jackets/wear.
First Timer Tips
Skis/snowboards, boots, goggles, gloves, jackets and pants are what you need. Do not worry if you do not have them as they are available for hire at our onsite Rhythm rental store, and our team will be here to help you find the right sizes.
It depends on what you prefer. Skiing is commonly said to be easier to pick up as a beginner, while snowboarding is said to offer more flexibility across different terrains once you learn it. But it depends on personal preference. If you have previously enjoyed ice skating, it might be better to start with skiing. For those who are experienced with surfing or skateboarding, it might be easier to pick up snowboarding. Whichever you choose, you will have a great time on the slopes in Niseko.
Yes, it is highly recommended to take a lesson. Learning the right basics will definitely help you feel comfortable on the slopes. There are plenty of lessons options to choose from, please feel free to consult with our concierge team to arrange the right lesson for you.
Yes, this can be arranged if your child/children are at the same level of ability, otherwise we would not recommend it as the instructor will need to make allowances for the pupil with the least experience.
Riding on powder snow requires a different technique to riding on groomed runs. Our Setsu team would recommend that those new to Niseko slopes take a powder guide lesson before hitting the slopes. This introductory session will teach you how to ride in powder correctly and offer tips on the powder secret spots, allowing you to maximise your on-piste experience.
We recommend Grand Hirafu, just 2 minutes away from Setsu Niseko in one of our complimentary private shuttles. Grand Hirafu is the largest ski resort in Niseko United and offers plenty of runs to explore.
There are two types of lift passes to choose from;
- Grand Hirafu and Hanazono lift pass: This is perfect for first timers and beginners, giving you access to 70% of the Niseko United ski resort.
- All Mountain lift pass: This lift pass offers you access to all 4 resorts in Niseko United, giving you more options for terrains and ski lifts. This is perfect for intermediates and above who want to explore the area.
You can access the 4 resorts within Niseko United via the top lifts, or take a Niseko United resort shuttle.
There are many fun things to do in Niseko;
- On-snow off-ski activities: Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, snow tubing, etc
- Sightseeing spots: Milk Kobo, a place worth visiting for fresh dairy produce and ice cream, Ostrich farm, etc.
- Cafe hopping: There are plenty of local cafes with great quality coffee and pastries within 20 minutes of the hotel.
- Cuisine: Enjoy Hokkaido's fresh ingredients with 6 different dining concepts within Setsu Niseko and over 100 restaurant and bar options within the Grand Hirafu area.
- Events: Setsu Niseko offers you a wide range of events you can enjoy during your stay.
- Alpine retreat: Setsu Niseko offers a range of spa and wellness facilities within the hotel from yoga classes to full spa treatments.
- Onsen hopping: There are are a number of natural hot springs within the local area for you to explore.
- Day tours: Hokkaido has so much to offer. There are many options within 1-2 hours drive from Niseko such as Otaru, Lake Toya and Sapporo.
To explore more options, please visit our Adventures page, or contact our dedicated concierge team who will be more than happy to recommend activities and make bookings on your behalf.
Most of our guests stay at least 5-7 nights as skiing/snowboarding might take you a day or two to pick up, and it is good to give yourself a couple days to enjoy skiing and explore the mountains. There are also many other apres-ski activities to enjoy.
Getting to Niseko
Niseko is located in Hokkaido, the most northern island of Japan. Its convenient location is close to many well-known sightseeing destinations including Otaru, Yoichi, Lake Toya, Shakotan, Suttsu and Sapporo, the main city of Hokkaido. Setsu Niseko is within a 2 hour drive from New Chitose Airport.
New Chitose Airport is the closest international airport. Many airlines operate direct flights to this airport. It is approximately a 2 hour drive to Setsu Niseko.
There are 4 transfer options for you to choose from;
1. Private Car or Limousine: We can assist to arrange door-to-door transfer services between the airport/Sapporo and Setsu Niseko.
2. Luxury Car Rental: if you prefer to take to the open road, we can assist to arrange for luxury car rental from sports cars to SUV's.
3. JR Train: The closest train station is Kutchan. Our team can arrange for a car transfer to collect you from the station and return transfer for your departure. However, we do not recommend this option if you have more than one item of luggage.
4. Public Bus: From the bus stop at Hirafu Welcome Centre, our team can arrange a car transfer to collect you from the Welcome Centre and return transfer for your departure.
Yes, Setsu Niseko has 55 underground car parking spaces and limited open air car parking spaces available for hotel guests. Please let our Concierge team know in advance, should you wish to park your car at the hotel during your stay with us.
Yes, we provide complimentary private shuttle services to and from the main ski lifts in Grand Hirafu, and other key locations within the resort and other nearby destinations.
Check-in time is 15:00. Check-out time is 11:00. Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability only, please contact our team should you require our assistance.
All suites including private terraces are non-smoking. Anyone found smoking in the suites will be fined. Please note that we do have a communal smoking room located on level one.
Yes, complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
Yes, our children's playroom is available 24 hours a day for you to enjoy family time with your little ones.
Yes, we can arrange a babysitter for you. Please contact our concierge team for more details.