Sushi Kato INORI
Sushi Kato Inori promises the ultimate ocean-to-table Japanese kaiseki experience. Kato’s mantra of "Inori" expresses gratitude for their guests support and abundant harvests. With over 50 year’s experience and a stellar reputation for his crab markets and restaurants in Sapporo and Niseko, Sushi Kato offers an authentic and personable culinary experience with a gastronomic journey of the ocean that is second to none.
Cuisine Type: Sushi Kaiseki
Hours: 17:00 - 23:00
Seating Time: 17:30 〜 & 20:00 〜
Seating: 14 (6-seater sushi counter & 8-seater private dining room)
Price Range: Set Course Menu starts from ¥38,500
Fresh from The Ocean
Sushi Kato hand selects the freshest seafood from the markets each day including sea urchin, hairy crab, fresh flounder, enormous scallops and fatty tuna caught the night before in the famous coastal waters of Iwanai. Demonstrating the craft of true artists, Kato-san’s experienced team create exquisitely composed sushi, sashimi and Kaiseki menus featuring local rice and the freshest Hokkaido ingredients including the regions renowned Shiraoi wagyu beef. For those who prefer to feast in the comfort of their suite, Sushi Kato offers a range takeaway options with fresh seafood platters and the largest most delicious crabs of the season.
Front Row Seats
Centred around a six-seater sushi counter and eight-seater private dining room, Sushi Kato’s offers an extraordinary and intimate culinary experience. Take a place at the sushi counter and be captivated by the skill of the chef's with the ancient art of sushi making. Bar Kato could be the perfect spot to start or end the evening with its delectable nibbles, and extensive selection of drinks.
Introducing Our Chef
Born and raised in Hokkaido, Chef Toru Tayasu comes with a great variety of culinary experience from the finest Japanese restaurants to lecturing in culinary institutes. He now embarks on a new stage; Inori, Sushi Kato’s long awaited second branch in Setsu Niseko opening in December 2022. Wining first prize in one of Japan's major culinary competitions in 2018, Chef Tayasu promises a one-of-a-kind culinary experience with his fertile creativity and in depth knowledge of Hokkaido's indigenous ingredients.
Terms & Conditions
- Sushi Kato reserves the right to decline reservations for children under the age of 7.
- The set course menu for children aged 7-12 years is ¥12,000 (including tax and service charge).
- Reservations are required at least 2 days in advance with two seating times available from 17:30 onwards or from 20:00.
- Please note that we cannot accept reservations outside of business hours, or reservations made by contacting us on the day or the day before the reservation request.
- Sushi Kato currently accepts the following two payment options:
- 1. Payment by credit card registration on TableCheck (automatic payment after leaving the restaurant)
- 2. Credit card payment on the day at the restaurant
- Please contact us in advance if you would like to change the menu due to allergies or other reasons.
- Please contact us at least 2 weeks before the reservation date to change the group size of a reservation for 4 people or more.
- Kindly note our cancellation policy is as follows.
- If cancelled 3 days prior: 50% of the set course fee will be charged to the credit card used to secure the reservation
- If canceled 2 days prior: 70% of the set course fee will be charged to the credit card used to secure the reservation
- In case of cancellation the day prior or no shows without notice: 100% of the set course fee will be charged to the credit card used to secure the reservation