Travel light and get all your ski or boarding gears arranged through our in-house store Rhythm Japan without even leaving the hotel. Enjoy a wide selection of premium gear for skiing, boarding and backcountry with assistance from our snowsport experts who can recommend a set of skis and arrange the gears that best suit your needs and preferences.
Setsu Store Hours
8:00 - 20:00 for Night Ski Period (16 December 2023 - 20 March 2024)
8:00 - 18:00 for Non Night Ski Period (1-15 December 2023 and 21 March 2024 onwards)
- Ski Rental bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance.
- You can pick up your gear anytime after 15:00 on the day before your rental starts and return your gear anytime up to 10:00 the day after your rental period ends.
- Rates include free insurance on all products (excess is 14-day rate of specific equipment).
- Kids are classified as 13 years and younger.
- Due to hygiene reasons, goggles, gloves and beanies are not available for rent. Other clothing and accessories can be rented.
Our standard package offers easy to use, entry level gear, with unlimited gear swap services, allowing you to try different models of skis or snowboards, or even swap between the two. This is great for first timers or those sticking to groomers.
Our premium package offers a wider selection of latest seasons premium branded gear, with unlimited gear swap services to change your equipment to suit wider ski conditions.
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Cancellation prior to booking commencement will incur cancellation fees as below:
3 days or less: 100% cancellation fees, however, the fee can be used as Rhythm store credit during your stay.
Cancellation may be refunded as store credit to be used within the current season.
Rental is subject to supplier's loss, damage, personal liability and injury policy.
I have never been skiing or snowboarding before, what will I need?
- In addition to your equipment gear and boots, you will need a helmet, warm and waterproof outerwear, gloves or mittens, and goggles. It would be more comfortable if you have warm calf-length socks and a face mask. Everything you need is available to rent or purchase at Rhythm Japan.
Can I rent beanies, goggles and gloves?
- Due to hygiene reasons, these items are not available for rent, though there is a great range in retail. Other clothing and accessories can be rented.
What happens if I lose my skis or snowboard on the mountain?
- There is a replacement charge however, if the equipment is returned to us in its original state we will refund the money. In the meantime, we will fit you out with a new set of equipment so you can continue your holiday.
Can I change my boots if they do not fit?
- Yes. It is important that the boots fit well. If you have trouble with your boots, come into the in-house store and our snowsport experts can change them for a better fit.
What is the difference between Standard and Premium?
- Standard equipment is designed for first timers. The equipment is an easy to use entry-level skis or snowboards.
- Premium equipment is designed to cater to all ability levels, whether you are a first timer or seasoned expert. The range features the latest equipment from the best brands.
Can I swap from standard skis to a standard snowboard?
- Yes. Standard skis can be swapped to standard snowboard anytime. There is no limit to the number of times you can do the change.
Can I book a standard package and then upgrade?
- Yes. The price difference is determined by the amount of time used compared to the amount of the time remaining.
Can I book specific skis or snowboards?
- We are unable to hold specific skis or snowboards as another guest may have the product out at the time of your arrival. When you pick up your rentals, the staff will check the system and see when the product is expected to be returned and contact you if it arrives earlier.