Private Ski Lessons & Guiding
Experience the world's finest powder snow to the fullest with a tailored ski or snowboard learning experience with our highly qualified instructors. Private lessons from our snowsports specialists such as Rhythm Rides & NISS help nurture your passion, and improve your riding skills your way, with the flexibility and convenience to enjoy the best that Niseko has to offer. Let us introduce you to the hidden gems of Niseko; our secret spots to experience the finest powder snow. Your instructor can meet you at Setsu Niseko or Grand Hirafu resort, whatever your wish.
For those who prefer a guided tour around Niseko's mountains, our experienced guide will take the guesswork out of where to go and make sure you get the most out of your trip, exploring the terrain in the resorts of Grand Hirafu, Hanazono, Niseko Village & Annupuri Resort.
- The price indicated is fixed for up to 6 participants.
- Lesson or Guiding duration is continuous. Full Day Lessons or Guiding include a lunch break at your leisure.
- Please note that Niseko Resort Guiding does not include access to the Niseko United Backcountry or Gate System.
|Niseko Private Lessons||Age||Ability Level||Start Time||Price|
|Full Day Private (6 hours)||3 years and above||L1 to L7||Flexible||¥65,000|
|AM Private (4 hours)||3 years and above||L1 to L7||09:00||¥50,000|
|PM Private (2 hours)||3 years and above||L1 to L7||14:00||¥20,000|
|Night Private (2 hours)**||7 years and above||L1 to L7||16:30||¥20,000|
**Night Private Lesson is available from 17th Dec 2022 to 19th Mar 2023.
|Niseko Resort Guiding||Age||Ability Level||Start Time||Price|
|Full Day Guiding (6 hours)||14 years and above||L4 and above||Flexible||¥65,000|
|Morning Guiding (4 hours)||14 years and above||L4 and above||08:30||¥50,000|
**Mixed discipline is available.
Advising us of your ability level in advance allows the most suitable instructor or guide to be allocated to your lesson or guiding. Please check the skills guide below if you are unsure of your ability level.
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Cancellation prior to booking commencement will incur cancellation fees as below:
4 to 14 days: 20% cancellation fees
3 days or less: 100% cancellation fees
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no shows.
Operating periods are adjusted depending on resort operating changes, snow conditions, and other operational matters.
There will be no compensation for loss of lesson time due to injury or illness if the lesson has commenced.
A reschedule or refund of future lessons can be made if a valid medical certificate is submitted 24 hours before commencement of lesson.
We strongly advise guests to purchase travel insurance that covers skiing and snowboarding activities.
I have children in my group with adults, can they join?
- Children 7 years and above are welcome to join the lesson with adults, provided all participants are of a similar ability level.
For children 6 years and below, we recommend that you book a separate private lesson, or split your lesson into a half-day adult class & half-day kids class. Younger children learn in a different way to adults, and progress at very different speeds & for this reason lessons with these challenges rarely meet expectations. Please feel free to contact our Concierge Team, should you want to discuss your family private goals.
I have a group of skiers and snowboarders in my group. Can they join the lesson？
- Privates Lessons are available for the same discipline booked only.
I am not sure what my skill level is, can you help?
- Absolutely, please check our skills guide which explains the current ability, potential group goals & terrain accessed for each level. If you still require assistance please contact our Concierge Team.
My child is 2 years old, and I would like to take the lesson with them. Is this possible?
- We are passionate about introducing kids to skiing and snowboarding young. However due to the physical & developmental differences between young children & adults we are unable to cater to a combined lesson. You are however welcome to watch your child enjoy their first day. We recommend that you do so at a distance. This will allow your little one to bond with their instructor and enjoy their day.
I have a multi-day booking, will I have the same instructor for the entire booking?
- Ski schools usually try their best to arrange the same instructor for the whole duration and we can definitely put in your request as well. Do note however that this is not guaranteed.