Shakotan Day Tour
The beautiful coastal scenery of the Shakotan Peninsula is located in the northern part of Niseko, just a one and a half hour drive from Setsu Niseko. This is a stunning road trip that you won't want to miss; breathtaking capes, crystal clear waters with the promise of some of Japan's world-famous uni (or sea urchin). Shakotan is a seafood paradise where you can enjoy the sweestest and freshest seafood bowls in Hokkaido, that may soon be one of your all-time favourites.
- Day tours are based on 8 hours per day.
- An itinerary to be confirmed by the guest will be sent to the driver before the drive.
- Some attractions may not be available off-season.
- Start time of activities may vary during the actual day.
- English guide may be requested for an extra charge of ¥20,000 buw will be subject to availability.
- Price does not include meals, entrance fees, parking fees, and highway toll charges.
- Trekking at Cape Kamui: Cape Kamui on the Shakotan Peninsula is an easy trek that offers a 360 degrees view along the 770-metre long trail with stunning views of the ocean. At the end of the cape, there is a ledge called Kamui-iwa, a famous spot for you to capture this special holiday moment with a selfie.
- A lunch to remember: After the trek, you deserve to treat yourself to a mouth-watering sea urchin rice bowl.
- Cape Shakotan and the Shimamui Coast: The Shimamui coastline is one of Japan's most beautiful beaches and the perfect spot to go for a swim, stroll along the beach or enjoy a late afternoon picnic.
If time allows, we recommend you visit Otaru to soak in the atmosphere of their famous canal and shopping street on your way back to Niseko.
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Bookings must be made at least 4 days in advance of the tour.
Additional fees (¥8,000 per hour) will be applied if the drive exceeds 8 hours.
Cancellation within the specific time frame before booking commencement will incur a cancellation fee as shown below:
4 days: a 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no-shows.
We strongly advise guests to purchase travel insurance to cover any cancellation fees.