Enjoy a rejuvenating sense of freedom as you paddle along the Shiribetsu River on a specialised kayak, reputed to be one of the cleanest rivers in the entire world. Enjoy some of the most amazing scenic views in Niseko whilst gliding through tranquil waters and taking in the crisp Niseko air. Beginners or first-timers will rest assured by our expert guides who will explain the correct techniques and safety features of the equipment, so you can quickly adapt to enjoy the tour.
- Meeting Location: Niseko Adventure Center (NAC) (about a 3-minute walk from the hotel)
- Meeting Time: 10 minutes before the tour starting time
- Age Requirement: 7 years and above. Children under 10 years need to be accompanied by a guardian.
- Minimum Guest: 2 people
|Dates of Operation||1st June to 31st October 2023|
|Starting Times||09:30 or 13:30|
|Price||¥6,800 (13 years and above) |
¥4,600 (7 to 12 years)
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Booking must be made at least 2 days in advance of the tour.
Cancellation within the specific time frame before booking commencement will incur a cancellation fee as shown below:
2 days: a 50% cancellation fee
The day before: a 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no-shows.
No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
Accident insurance is automatically included in your tour fees.
- Hospital visits: 2,000JPY
- Hospitalisation: 3,000JPY
- Death: 3,800,000JPY
For extra insurance please seek your own coverage.
NAC operates in all weather conditions. Start and finish times are dependent on weather and tour conditions.
Alcohol intoxicated persons may be denied participation and there will be no refund.
NAC reserves the right to cancel or discontinue a tour if conditions are deemed dangerous.
All tour participants must sign an indemnity consent form. Anyone under 20 years of age will need a parent or guardian to sign the form.
Although guides are there to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe tour, there is always the possibility of an injury outside of the guides’ control. Please understand this and recognise that participating in adventure activities requires you to take some personal responsibility.
What do I need to bring for the river tours?
- A full change of clothes and a towel as you will get wet.
- You may bring your own cameras or electronic devices.
What should I wear for the river tours?
We recommend that you wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid skirts, jeans and any non-stretchable material. Please also keep in mind the river water can remain cold throughout the year so please ensure you bring an extra layer of clothing.
- Clothing: We recommend a short-sleeved shirt and shorts in mid summer (mid July to late August) and a long-sleeved shirt and long pants in spring and autumn.
- Glasses: If you wear glasses, please use an eyewear strap so you do not lose them in the river.
- Contact lenses: If you are wearing contact lenses, please change to disposable ones or change to glasses. You may also wear goggles over your contact lenses.
- Watches or Jewellery: Please remove all watches and jewellery before the tour starts.