Rafting is one of the most popular outdoor activities in Niseko. Challenge yourself on an unforgettable trip down one of Hokkaido's most beautiful rivers; the Shiribetsu River. Along with your fellow crew and experienced guide, you will enjoy the thrills and excitement of rafting on whitewater. Based on the season, Hokkaido rivers offer rafting trips suited to both adventure seekers with the large snowmelt in the springtime, through to lower-graded tours that the whole family can enjoy in the summertime. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced outdoor sports fanatic, rafting is amazing fun and a must-try experience for those enjoying Niseko's green season.
Rafting is a family activity suitable for all ages 4 years and above. For groups with kids between 3-4 years of age, why not consider a special Kids' Rafting experience?
- Meeting Location: Resort Center Hanazono 308 (about a 15-minute drive from the hotel)
- Meeting Time: 15 minutes before the tour start time
- Booking for Spring Rafting: scheduled to be available until early May, but will vary depending on water flow. If the spring course is not available on your booking date, we will notify you by e-mail in advance.
We are happy to assist with booking and enquiries. Please note that guests need to make payment directly to the supplier.
Regular Rafting Course
|Dates of Operation||29th April to 22nd October 2023|
|Starting Times||09:00 or 13:30|
|Price||¥6,500 (13 years and above) |
¥4,500 (3 to 12 years)
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Bookings must be made at least 2 days in advance of the tour.
Guest under the influence of alcohol and pregnant guests may not participate in the activities.
Cancellation within the specific time frame before booking commencement will incur a cancellation fee as shown below:
The day before: a 50% cancellation fee
On the day: a 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no-shows.
No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
What do I need to bring for the river tours?
- A full change of clothes and a towel as you will get wet.
- Please do not bring any cameras or electronic devices on the river. There are professional photographers that will take action shots of your tour. Photo CDs are available for purchase for ¥2,000.
- Any valuables can be stored in the lockers provided.
What should I wear for the river tours?
You will be fitted out with a dry or wet suit but as rafting tours are held either rain or shine, you are likely to get wet so we recommend being prepared no matter what kind of river tour you have planned.
We recommend that you wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid skirts, jeans and any non-stretchable material. Please also keep in mind the river water can remain cold throughout the year so please ensure you bring an extra layer of clothing.
- Clothing: We recommend a short-sleeved shirt and shorts in mid summer (mid July to late August) and a long sleeved shirt and long pants in spring and autumn.
- On hot days, you may feel too hot in a dry suit, so you may wear clothes that you do not mind getting wet.
- Glasses: If you wear glasses, earwear attachments can be provided so you do not lose your glasses in the river.
- Contact lenses: If you are wearing contact lenses, please change to disposable ones or change to glasses. You may also wear goggles over your contact lenses.
- Watches or Jewellery: Please remove all watches and jewellery before the tour starts.
- Shoes: You will be fitted out with river boots for your tour.