Otaru Day Tour
The picturesque port of Otaru with its famous canal, interesting attractions, and charming streets littered with cute cafes, and artsy shops will never disappoint. A scenic 75-minute drive from Setsu Niseko, the architecture of the city has strong European influences making it quite unlike other cities in Japan. Widely regarded as one of the 'must-visit' places in Hokkaido, there are plenty of things to see and enjoy in this historic port making it the perfect place for a full day out.
- Day tours are based on 8 hours per day.
- An itinerary to be confirmed by the guest will be sent to the driver before the drive.
- Some attractions may not be available off-season.
- Start time of activities may vary during the actual day.
- An English attendant may be requested for an extra charge of ¥25,000 but this will be subject to availability.
- Price does not include meals, entrance fees, parking fees, and highway toll charges.
You will be spoilt for choice but here are some of our top picks for an incredible day trip:
- Otaru Canal: Flanked by old merchant warehouses and vintage oil lamps, a romantic walk along the Otaru Canal is like a walk back in time.
- Otaru Sankaku Market: Otaru is built on seafood and this small fresh market is the best place to enjoy the most superb seafood with its bustling alley of food stalls and restaurants.
- Otaru Aquarium: The vibrant and colourful Otaru Aquarium is an ideal place to spend time with your family. Check out their shows to get up close to some of the 250 species and over 5,000 creatures that live in this historical location.
- Sakaimachi Shopping Street: If you enjoy arts and crafts, this shopping street populated by countless cute cafes and art and craft stores is a great way to soak up the atmosphere of Otaru. You can even visit the magical Otaru music box museum, home to over 5,000 types of music boxes.
- Nikka Whisky Distiller: If you are a whiskey lover, this is the place for you. Reputed for their world-class single malt whiskey, Nikka is one of Japan’s top selling whiskey makers. Their main distillery in Yoichi is located about a 30-minute drive outside of Otaru.
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Bookings must be made at least 4 days in advance of the tour.
Additional fees will be applied if the drive exceeds 8 hours.
Cancellation within the specific time frame before booking commencement will incur a cancellation fee as shown below:
4 days: a 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no-shows.
We strongly advise guests to purchase travel insurance to cover any cancellation fees.