The summer of 2022 will see the inaugural opening of an extraordinary light art installation set within the vast mountainous ranges at the base of Mount Annupuri in Niseko Hanazono resort. For the first time ever the ski slopes will be magnificently lit with thousands of miniature firefly sculptures.
Mountain Lights is created and designed by the internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro. Nights in Niseko will be illuminated with his light-based artwork designed in complete harmony with natural surroundings, producing a dreamlike walkway spanning 1.3km through Niseko's wonderland. This is Bruce Munro’s first art installation in Japan and there is great anticipation that his creation will bring newfound attention and allure to Niseko’s stunning green season months.
- Location: Niseko Hanazono Resort (about 15 minutes drive from hotel)
- Last admission: 45 minutes before closing time (operation time may change depending on sunset time).
- Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Children 5 years and under are free of charge with preschooler tickets presented.
- You can bring your pets on a leash or in a pet cage.
|Dates of Operation||1st July to 10th October 2022|
|Operation Time||From sunset to 22:00 |
(until 23:00 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the day prior to a public holiday and from 6th to 14th August)
|Price||¥4,000 (13 years and above) |
¥3,200 (6 to 12 years)
¥500 for pet
|VIP Gondola Ticket||Add on ¥5,000 per group (up to 10 people)|
*VIP Gondola is in addition to the entry ticket, includes priority lanes and a private gondola cabin to have a luxury ride just yourself or your group.
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Tickets are not refundable.
Return gondola trip is available.
The exhibition may close without advance notice due to weather conditions.
Gondola operation may be temporarily suspended or cancelled due to strong winds.
What do I need to bring for the activity?
- This is an outdoor exhibition on nature. We recommend that you prepare insect repellant.
What should I wear for the activity?
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.