The summer of 2022 will see the inaugural opening of an extraordinary light art installation set within the vast mountainous ranges at the base of Mount Annupuri in Niseko Hanazono resort. For the first time ever the ski slopes will be magnificently lit with thousands of miniature firefly sculptures.
Mountain Lights is created and designed by the internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro. Nights in Niseko will be illuminated with his light-based artwork designed in complete harmony with natural surroundings, producing a dreamlike walkway spanning 1.3km through Niseko's wonderland. This is Bruce Munro’s first art installation in Japan and there is great anticipation that his creation will bring newfound attention and allure to Niseko’s stunning green season months.
- Location: Niseko Hanazono Resort (about 15 minutes drive from hotel)
- Last admission: 30 minutes before closing time.
- Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Children 5 years and under are free of charge with preschooler tickets presented.
- You can bring your pets on a leash or in a pet cage.
|Dates of Operation||1st July to 9th October 2023|
|Operation Time||July 19:00 - 22:00 |
August 18:30 - 21:00
September 1st - 15th 18:00 - 21:00 / 16th - 30th 17:20 - 21:00
October (until 9th) 17:00 - 21:00
|Price||¥3,200 (13 years and above) |
¥1,500 (6 to 12 years)
¥500 for pet
*Prices include the gondola ride (multiple rides available)
Tickets are not refundable.
Return gondola trip is available.
The exhibition may close without advance notice due to weather conditions.
Gondola operation may be temporarily suspended or cancelled due to strong winds.
What do I need to bring for the activity?
- This is an outdoor exhibition on nature. We recommend that you prepare insect repellant.
What should I wear for the activity?
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.