Iwanai Day Tour
Iwanai is located one hour north of Niseko on the Sea of Japan and is blessed with an abundance of seafood as well as a range of outdoor activities. When not indulging in the seafood, enjoy a kayak and snorkel in the summer; or enjoy a private cat ski tour of some of the best terrain in the region with ocean views in the winter.
Iwanai is a popular destination for those looking for something a little more authentic not far from Niseko. Iwanai offers amazing seafood, a cultural experience, spectacular views and some activities on the side.
- Day tours are based on 8 hours per day.
- An itinerary to be confirmed by the guest will be sent to the driver before the drive.
- Some attractions may not be available off-season.
- Start time of activities may vary during the actual day.
- English guide may be requested for an extra charge of ¥20,000 buw will be subject to availability.
- Price does not include meals, entrance fees, parking fees, and highway toll charges.
- Kikoin Temple: Kikoin Temple was the first temple built in this district. Visit the largest wooden Buddha statue north of Tokyo.
- Muramoto Tent: The shop began in 1911 first as a harness maker but then transformed itself into a canvas manufacturer for trucks and boats. Now they produce durable hand-made canvas bags by using the skills inherited from their predecessors.
- Nishin Goten (Herring Lodge): This facility conveys the prosperity and history of herring fishing through the times.
- The Arai Memorial Art Museum: Visit the largest private collection of Picasso in Asia. Over 160 original sketches and paintings make this museum a 'must see'. Truly one of Iwanai's unique places of interest.
- Oyster Village: The charming fishing village of Suttsu is just next to Iwanai and is well-known for its 'All You Can Eat' oysters at Kaki Goya or the Oyster Hut in Suttsu oyster village. If you are an oyster fan, make sure you add this to your Iwanai day tour.
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Bookings must be made at least 4 days in advance of the tour.
Additional fees (¥8,000 per hour) will be applied if the drive exceeds 8 hours.
Cancellation within the specific time frame before booking commencement will incur a cancellation fee as shown below:
4 days: a 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no-shows.
We strongly advise guests to purchase travel insurance to cover any cancellation fees.