For those looking for a real challenge, feel the full adrenaline-packed power of the river with a Ducky experience - a small inflatable boat that fits one or two persons. This amazing adventure allows you to navigate with your own kayak oar to independently steer through the river. Under their watchful eye, our experienced local guides will show you the necessary techniques and support to ensure you have an adventure of a lifetime.
- Meeting Location: Resort Center Hanazono 308 (about a 15-minute drive from hotel)
- Meeting Time: 15 minutes before the tour start time
- Age Requirement: 13 years and above
- Children must ride in tandem with a parent or guardian aged 18 years and over.
We are happy to assist with booking and enquiries. Please note that guests need to make payment directly to the supplier.
|Dates of Operation||3rd June to 22nd October 2023|
|Starting Times||09:00 or 13:30|
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Bookings must be made at least 2 days in advance of the tour.
When the water level is low, the starting point for Ducky may change.
Guests under the influence of alcohol and pregnant guests may not participate in the activities.
Cancellation within the specific time frame before booking commencement will incur a cancellation fee as shown below:
The day before: a 50% cancellation fee
On the day: a 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no-shows.
No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
What do I need to bring for the river tours?
- A full change of clothes and a towel as you will get wet.
- Please do not bring any cameras or electronic devices on the river. There are professional photographers that will take action shots of your tour. Photo CDs are available for purchase for ¥2,000.
- Any valuables can be stored in the lockers provided.
What should I wear for the river tours?
You will be fitted out with a dry or wet suit but as ducky tours proceed rain or shine, you are likely to get wet so we recommend being prepared no matter what kind of river tour you have planned.
We recommend that you wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid skirts, jeans and any non-stretchable material. Please also keep in mind the river water can remain cold throughout the year so please ensure you bring an extra layer of clothing.
- Clothing: We recommend a short-sleeved shirt and shorts in mid summer (mid July to late August) and a long-sleeved shirt and long pants in spring and autumn.
- Glasses: If you wear glasses, earwear attachments can be provided so you do not lose your glasses in the river.
- Contact lenses: If you wear contact lenses, please change to disposable ones or glasses. You may also wear goggles over your contact lenses.
- Watches or Jewellery: Please remove all watches and jewellery before you arrive.
- Shoes: You will be fitted out with river boots for your tour.