For those looking for a real challenge, feel the full adrenalin packed power of the river with a Ducky experience - a small inflatable boat that fits one or two persons. This amazing adventure allows you to navigate with your own kayak oar to independently steer through the river. Under their watchful eye, our experienced local guides will show you the necessary techniques and support to ensure you have an adventure of a lifetime.
- Meeting Location: Resort Center Hanazono 308 (about 15 minutes drive from hotel)
- Meeting Time: 10 minutes before the tour start time
- Age Requirement: 10 years and above
- Children must ride in tandem with a parent or guardian aged 18 years and over.
We are happy to assist with booking and inquires. Please note that guests need to make payment directly to supplier.
|Dates of Operation||4th June to 30th October 2022|
|Starting Times||09:00 or 13:30|
|Price||¥5,900 (13 years and above) |
¥3,900 (10 to 12 years)
This service is exclusive to Setsu Niseko guests.
Bookings must be made at least 2 days in advance of the tour.
When the water level is low, starting point for Ducky may change.
Guest under the influence of alcohol and pregnant guests may not participate in the activities.
Cancellation within specific time frame before booking commencement will incur cancellation fees as below:
The day before: 50% cancellation fees
On the day: 100% cancellation fees
Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking and no shows.
No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
What do I need to bring for the river tours?
- A full change of clothes and a towel as you will get wet.
- Please do not bring any cameras or electronic devices on the river. We have professional photographers that will take action shots of your tour. Photo CDs are available for purchase for ¥2,000.
- Any valuables can be stored in the lockers provided.
What should I wear for the river tours?
You will be fitted out with a dry or wet suit but as we run ducky tours rain or shine you are likely to get wet, so it is a good idea to be prepared no matter what kind of river tour you have planned.
We recommend that you wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid skirts, jeans and any non-stretchable material. Please also keep in mind the river water can remain cold throughout the year so please ensure you bring an extra layer of clothing.
- Clothing: We recommend a short-sleeved shirt and shorts in mid summer (mid July to late August) and a long-sleeved shirt and long pants in spring and autumn.
- Glasses: If you wear glasses, we can provide you with a earwear attachment so you do not lose them on the river.
- Contact lenses: If you wear contact lenses, please change to disposable ones or glasses. You may also wear goggles over your contact lenses.
- Watches or Jewellery: Please remove all watches and jewellery before you arrive.
- Shoes: You will be fitted out with river boots for your tour.